Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I just got served

I just recieved a subpoena today to appear in court. Thankfully it's not me on trial here.
Here's a little background, you see I knew this day would come. Over a year ago I listed a home in which my client was murdered!!
I made my first follow-up call after the weekend to report any showing activity and just check on my client's status. Everything was just fine, no showings but overall my client was pleased by my attention and marketing plan that was well underway. By the second week I made my calls and got no response. I attempted repeatedly to make phone contact but to no avail. It was on week three that I was finally able to contact the client's daughter. I was surprised when she answered the home phone. It was then that I heard the bad news.
Here we are, over a year later and the suspect is being brought to trial. The prosecution wants me as a wittness. Dum Dum, Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba The theme song from Law & Order was the first thing out of my mouth. I don't know whether to be excited or scared out of my mind. I really have done my best to avoid courtrooms. Nothing but criminals and attorneys there.
Anybody else have this happen to them?

No comments: